R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi XXX-S
Thread: Losi XXX-S
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2001, 09:55 PM
Doug Gaut
Tech Master

MDawson, You seem to be very knowledgeable on the XXX-S and I was wondering if I could get some setup ideas from you? We have a Very High Bite concrete (tight) track that we race at. I have raced on carpet and the bite on this concrete is equal to or higher. I used Paul Lemieux's carpet setup with the exception of: 57 pistons front, front diff, 1.5 camber, stock caster, purple springs front, blue springs rear, rear droop 3, .062 front swaybar. I have ran the stock setup only to have the car pin dramatically. With this setup the car was stable but had too much push entering and during the middle of the corner and very lazy on exit. It didnt transition fast enough. For tires we tried 33r/blue insert, 27r/blue insert,27r/red insert, 138g/firm insert, and finally ended up using med yok/soft molded insert. The fast guys were running 33r/firm yok foam inserts!? I tried them and the car became very unstable at all speeds. Isnt the norm to use firmer inserts as the bite increases? Any observations and ideas would be greatly appreciated by at least 4 of us XXX-S racers.
Thanks Doug