R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 11:00 PM
Mike Dumas
Tech Adept

I have been running the three deck chassis over at Mikes Hobby Shop in Dallas, TX the past couple or three weeks and have been learning setup changes with this car. The last time I ran the JRXS was Ceveland for the US Indoor Champs almost three years ago when the car was first released. I must say that the car was good back then, but it I feel is extremely well developed now! I must say the engineers at Losi along with the help of their drivers and not to forget customers have have obviously gave feedback and taken it to develop this different car. With the help and hard work Todd and others have put into geting a very easy but race ready setup for foam tires o carpet should be a great compliment to this car.

Here are a few highlights of the car that i noticed switching from the T2 to the Losi JRXS type R;

The car transitions very fast through the switchback sections of the track I have run on. The cars central weight has made the car a more balanced chassis from side to side. The balance front to rear is also right on.

The tweek stays geat on this car. Yes, even after trying to tear the boards apart on the track from what I have personally thought the car was going to be broken from.

Corner speed is unbelievable on this car. I feel as if the corner speed has definately increased from the early mid motor car that I ran. In 19 turn, the car in my opinion is one of the best cars I have ever driven. Now I will have to say the same goes for modified, but the motors and batteries are so riddiculously fast now it is surprising that the new car feels in total control and carrys that speed from modified into and through that turn like a slot car.

Another great point I would like to bring up would be the tire wear. It seems almost no matter what I o to the car with setup changes the Jaco tires wear very eenly front to rear.

I have to add this, but I have not been this excited to run a sedan like this in a long time. Vegas and the rest of the season should be a great and lots of fun with Losi, Team Brood & Speedmerchant.