R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - EAMotorsports discussion thread
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 09:36 PM
maxepower
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mini-dub
Well this is pretty suprising to say the least. Well I'll start off by saying that I know I have a very good memory, and that I know I didn't explode at any guy on the driver stand this year at the Reedy race. Or in fact that I've never exploded at any person on any driver stand at any race, not matter how badly they hold you up or take you out. I know how to keep my professionalism and I wont explode at anyone at a race no matter how mad I am at them, that simply doesn't get you any respect or help you in the future ever. So I simply don't do it, I may get back to the pits and bitch to PW, or Clint, or Mo, or Jon Kerr about how bad the traffic was in a peticular heat or how much my car sucked or that I got taken out or flat out drove back, they know . But I will NEVER explode at anyone on a drivers stand, so any incident you remember I'm pretty sure you have a very false and one sided recollection of the event, but I allow people to have their own opinions so I'm not going to say you're wrong, but I feel very strongly against your view on what happened. I certainly don't have any respect at all for anyone that doesn't say anything to someone's face when they had the chance and then talks sh*t about them online. If you're manners and maturity you may be short handed considering the stuff you just pulled online .

As I can recall the incident, which I may not even remember fully because I KNOW I did NOT get heated at anyone at the Reedy race, I only had a couple of incidents in practice that went poorly, aside from that the race went very well for me (aside from getting punted off the track in the mains ) and so any incident on the drivers stand with someone I would remember vivedly. However I do remember telling a guy very politely, and I'm not being one sided towards myself here, I know I was being very polite when I asked a guy to not talk so much on the drivers stand. I very well may have told him even after the race to not talk so much on the stand because he was either standing right next to me or one person away and he would make a comment after nearly every other corner. It would be like "crap! blew that line", "oh man a little squirrely there", "whoops too tight", "too much break", "that was close". Needless to say when you're a very competetive driver competing at a very high level you need to be able to focus and having someone talking to themselves right next to you during the whole race is very distracting. Hence why I asked them politely to not talk so much because it distracted me, and then thanked them after. The conversation went well I felt, I didn't feel any harse feelings toward the man and certainly didn't have anything towards him, but if that was you... I certainly now have a couple of disrespectful opinions of you considering what you just posted . Still not mad though, I don't get mad easily, just pretty shocked about your extremely one sided post. I sure as hell represent my companies well and professionaly and that's why I'm never questioned with how I represent myself. I know for sure that if you talked to anyone that actually knows me and has talked to me for over 30 seconds while we were driving and doesn't quickly develop biased and one sided opinions of semi well known racers with much better reputations than you speak of, they would tell you completly different. After you developed these opinions, did it ever occur to you to think that... "hey, everyone doesn't say that about him so why of a sudden am I?" No, probably not because most people dont think enough to ever have that cross their mind.

I don't care if you keep the same opinion of me, it doesn't matter to me at all, but what does matter to me is keeping my reputation free of false biased opinions that become widely spread. Feel free to keep your opinion, just I ask you please to not continue to spread false one sided views of who I am as a person.
Weylin you got P.M.!