Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 03:06 PM
AdrianM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bikedoctor
Hey Adrian,

What do you think about Jaco Greens all the way around for a very small tight track. I currently run the CRC pro cuts and I'm good going into the corner but the back end gets crazy loose coming out. When I first got into 1/12 the L3 I was driving came with Greens all the way around and the car seemed good but that was some time a ago and I may have not known good handling from poor. Amazing how age kills the memory cells.
We have moved on to longer lasting highter traction tires. If you have them run them. But they will not be ideal. They have little traction and wear out really fast. Be careful though. If you start out with a 1.80" front tire you may be down to the rim after 8 min on asphalt. Back in the Day we had to drive really smooth to conserve tires so they would not wear out. This was back when we ran 6 cell 1200SCR's and 45deg timing 27T stock motors in our 1/12 cars.

You can still use Green rears in stock on carpet or on asphalt if the traction is super high...like if your track had VHT poured on to it...lol! Ripon R/C Speedway and SoCal are placed where you can run green rears. They reduce rear traction making you car efficient when the traction is crazy high.

Green front tires....are like bad memories of wearing parachute pants in 1984. You really cant run them anywere. They have little traction and wear out REALLY fast.