R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2003, 02:56 AM
johnbull
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

KINO2.

I don't think you need worry much about parts for the MR4.

If the YR4 situation is anything to go by, then you should still be finding MR4 bits on the shelves in a few years time.

I sold lots of YR4s before the MR4 was produced. Then people started buying MR4's, but wanted something to do with their YR4s. So I sponsored a class in our championship which caters for pre 1999 Yokomo and Schumacher touring cars, running with control motors, speedos and tyres. There are quite a few YR4s running in this class, and they all use parts, but I have never had any problem procuring parts for them, and remember that the YR4 production finished in 1999.

So I don't think there will be a problem with MR4 parts in the forseeable future.

As for the car's competitiveness, well I'm certainly not complaining. An MR4 won both finals of our stock class last Sunday, and I came second with mine. And I presently lead the championship with my MR4 Sp, so there can't really be much wrong with them, can there.

However I still look forward to the new car. A new car from Yoke is always interesting.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.