R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2006, 02:51 PM
RAL
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Black Paragon or Paragon FXII for 15 min followed by cheap runny spf 30-45 suntan lotion for 30 min is the ideal setup.

SXT thick and Tire Tweak will make your car really darty for the first 4 min of a race. The suntan lotion is more consistant. I used to use tweak but at the 2005 Nats I saw all the mod 12 guys passing a bottle of Target brand SPF 45 lorion around. I was Josh Cyrul's bottle. I asked him what was better tweak or suntan lotion and he said He had been using Suntan lotion at every Asphalt race since the 2000 IFMAR Worlds at Yatabe Arena in Japan. He started using it because Masami was using suntan lotion.

RAL - We need some more details. What do you tires look like when you come off the track. Clean and black or dusty (should be clean and black)? How many screws are you running to secure your rear pod to the t-bar (should be just the two outer screws). What size tires are you running? What body? What size front springs (should be .020"). How much pod droop do you have?

I think your lack of traction is a setup issue. Not a tire doping issue.
I used Paragon Ground effects(black can), for 15 and coppertone 30 for 20 minutes on top rubbed into the foam. It worked well for the first 3-4 minutes then it turned into a drift car. Tires are clean and dry when they come off the track. Two outer screws .63 plate. level pod. front springs are .020. The track was super sticky/glazed with fruit punch syrup/water mix(great rubber traction for my TC, you could feel/hear the stickyness with your shoes). Batteries in back. Thicker damper lube seemed to increase rear traction while increasing the irratic movment over small bumps(throwing the car off line). Acceleration in sweepers was nearly impossibe without spinning out and unless you were dead on straight coming onto the straight-a-way then wild drifting or a spin would occur. Paragon on the inside 1/2 of the front followed by full suntan lotion was better then only 1/2 for both paragon and lotion. the track was hot, perhaps the heat had dried the tires out too quickley?? Tweak was on as well. 19 KD with a 52mm rollout. I will say it could be setup bit all the 12rs were equally crippled. It was who could spin out less and drift better!

I TQ'd then my car was crap in the main. Good times!

Last edited by RAL; 08-14-2006 at 03:04 PM.