R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-Evolution III
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2003, 06:50 PM
rayhuang
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Impressions on carpet foam.

I ran my car a full race day and I had a mixed bag of results. in a nutshell-the car is really easy to drive, very smooth, quiet, but has a slight push thats killing the corner speed for me on foam tires. At the start of the day the car wouldnt turn in at highspeed. took care of that. At end of day-car was pretty good as far as overall amount of steering, with a slight over rotation feeling half-way through corner. I barely made the A, but more telling was the lap times. Not super fast cpmpared to the TQ, but very consistent. Fastest lap was 10.9 by TQ, I think and I went 11.3 or 11.4-I think.

Heres the biggest problem-and where I need help. Rollout!!!!

I was going soft in stock with very good batteries and good motors. I was all over the board on pinions and spurs. At 40/96 car felt severely undergeared. motor was barely warm and car had no punch. I went to a 37/90 and felt overgeared. I went as low as 35/90 (1.04" rollout)in the main, and car still went flatter and flatter as run went on. lap time dropped by almost a second on the last few laps. I am a bit lost. On my Tc3 I routinely gear stock motors from 37 to 38/96 with 2.20" tires and car is always fast (1.04 to 1.07 rollouts).

I havent done a thing to the drivetrain but drive it in practice-three heats and a main. Could there be that much drag in the bearings????

Please-anybody know a good rollout for stock on this car. I am lost!!!

Ray