R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2006, 12:09 PM
Marcos.J
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
I've had the HB Cyclone for 3 weeks now. The car is defenitely the best car I've driven to date. Its easier to drive than anything i've seen, and well made and easy to work on. However, its a bit weak in these areas:

1. Ball Studs- these snap in half like a twig! Whatz up with these things? When one snaps, the rear blocks are useless, cause half the stud is stuck inside the threaded hole, so a perfectly good rear block has to be discarded because of a stupid ball stud!

2. Bearings: the rear 15x10 diff outdrive bearings are feeble! These have already fallen appart!

3. Dog bones are weak!

4. Rear ball diff is not sealed or covered like Xray, which uses labirinth dust covers or other kits which have some kind of cover system to prevent dust from creaping in. After 5-6 runs, diffs have to be cleaned...this sucks.

Have the Surikarn or Hara versions addressed some of these issues? Anyone know of any parts/suggestions to improve on these areas?

wow I had mine for 6 months and haven't broke anything on the car, I bent a front CVD but I replaced it with the steel ones and no problems since.