R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ofna Hyper8 stingray
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 05:40 AM
nsane
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by motomanpat
Alright guys in the morning I am going to order my kit,H8 here I come!
List of stuff
1.Hyper 8 Pro kit
1.5 O.S. Vspec(Sorry had to add it inn as my car would be really slow without a motor)
2.Ofna starter box and two 7.2 packs
3.Deans connectors(as I like them)
4.Not sure about servos exactly so any help would be appreciated(94360z & 94359z maybe
5.Don`t really know what radio to buy I just know I need my right index on the gas and left hand on the steering(Ideas would help with this and I am partial to Airtronics)
6.On road tires for the crappy stock rims"(Question)do all 1/8 rims fit the Hyper 8.
7.Shoot almost forgot about the 5 cell receiver pack(Maybe ideas would be good)
8.Am I forgetting anything except(Diff and shock fluid recomendations would be so cool)
9.Anything else you can think of before I send this order in would be greatly appreciated(Extra parts,nessesary parts, beer,oh did I say that out loud)
10.Thanks guys for swaying me the right direction
4. Those servos should be good to go I'm using the 94358 for steering and it works great.

5. M11? You can get a transmitter only for around 250, throw in a Spektrum Pro system for another 180 and you'll have a pretty sweet setup. Especially if you want it reversed. (I've got both and am quite happy with it)

7. Hump pack right?

8. Oils - I'd look at the setups posted earlier in this thread and use those for an idea.

Softer clutch springs maybe?

Find out what the tire of choice at your local track is and get hooked up with some good rubber?

Fuel?

Make sure you have a heat gun or hair dryer to loosen up that vspec and you should be pretty much ready to go.