R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-Evolution III
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2003, 08:06 PM
rayhuang
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default First run

Okay-Here is the deal after my first run. Good news and bad!! First some info.

I ran a not so good stock motor, Jaco Foam tires on a fast 90 x 50" Ozite carpet track. Tarction was medium dues to it being cold in building and unused for a week.

I first ran my Losi XXXS and it sucked. Made it better then when i was happy with it I ran my TC3. Got that really good the decided to run some circles and set the EVO3 up just a bit. Well i ended up running two packs through it. First the:

bad news There were three major interferenace problems with the foam tires. You cannot run a rear sway bar. Tires lightly rub the top of the rear uprights. And last-major interference on the top of the ballstud on front C-hubs. I cut the top of the ballcup off, but ti still rubs. I must either cut some of the top of the steering upright off so ball sits lower or grind off the top of the ballstud. Bummer!!

good news The car felt exactly the same as my TC3-only smoother and less twitchy. The drivetrain had a lot of drag in it from being so new-but I think it will get better. When I would lift-car really slowed way down. that and that the front rims still ride on the ball-cups.

The car is manual-stock settings except for these changes.

Front

Shocks-60 wt. oil-no red thingy. Associated white spring.
4mm ride height. I dialed in just 2mm of uptravel.

Rear

Shocks-50 wt. oil. Stock yellow spring-but was going to change to Associated copper or purple. I know its the way to go!!! 2mm uptravel. Also A block in rear for 2 degrees toe in. No sway bar.

what I am going to change next
Try TRC foams as they have a bigger diameter rim.
drill new holes for the rear sway bar.
Move front camber link out one position (shorter).
Ttry a front diff-still running front one-way.
Overall i am very pleased that car right out of box was that easy to drive!! Also-I am amzed how easy it is to drive with the one-way. it doesnt feel any different to me than a diff. maybe because of the rims hitting!!!