R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ofna Hyper8 stingray
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2006, 07:14 AM
WYLDTHING

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Finally got to run the set-up yesterday myself...I was hoping that the irritating push would be gone, but on the track I was racing on, it was actually quite a bit worse that the stock set-up I had tried the first time. The traction on the track varied a lot from heat to heat, and then eventually, the main. When their was more traction, the push wasn't to bad, and almost gone, but when the track was slick and loamy on top, it pushed like a dumptruck. It was mostly off power at higher speeds that it pushed, but was evident most of the time when the track was slick. At the end of the frontstretch, I had to really pitch the car in hard to get it to turn, otherwise it would've just went straight into the wall, literally...that's how bad the push was....high speed steering was non-existant...
The set-up was consistent and stable though, and flew very well too. If the push could just be eliminated I would COMPLETELY love the buggy, but until then, it's becoming a little bit of a thorn....
I was racing against mostly FT jammin's, and SP2's, and the hyper8 held it's own, but could've held it all I think, if the stinkin push was gone....everybody keep experimenting and let us know what worked and what didn't...
Overall, I would say the set-up is awesome for higher bite tracks, but didn't work on the slicker/loamy dirt I was racing on yesterday most of the time.....

Brad