R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - R/C Stuff Selling
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2001, 02:48 AM
melvin
Tech Adept

Default BRAND NEW ??

Ivan,

Hold on to your horses ! I wrote you many times and you simply refuses to reply to my mail. Now, you said it was brand new when you advertised, but when you brought it to me, you switch the tires to your other car. The tires are not only chunky, it has been used away at least for 50 % of it !! (You want me to measure the circumference against a brand new one? Anyway, i did not want to ask you about it then cos I dun want to make the things difficult )

BUT the thing that pissed me ia that all the bearings are DIRTY and not working well. You claimed it was brand new !!!! Obviously it wasn't ! Heck, you tried to assure me it was brand new, NOT RUN before. When we did the transaction, I can't strip the car down in the middle of the road and check everything, i shouldn't have to cos you claimed it hasn't been run b4 !!

Now you stop lying and grow up yrself. You want me to show the rest of the people here the tires and bearings ??? Or should I foward all my mails I sent to you which you simply refuses to reply ?

Come'on if the car is in great condition( Brand new as claimed), I dun have to wate my time and spent almost $30 replacing the bearings yesterday, and I would already be playing the car yesterday. Since I have not played the car, I can show the rest about what I meant about your so-called "BRAND NEW" Or do you want to tell me that Corally fitted used bearings in a brand new car kit ?

***Some of the mails below that you refuses to answer:
----------------------------------------------------------
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2001 1:24 PM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: FW:

Hi Ivan,

I feel a little cheated from the purchase of your G2. When you advertised to sell your "BRAND NEW" G2, I chose to believe it was really brand new. Yesterday for the first time, i examined the car and found the axles not turning smoothly. So i took out all the bearings in the front and rear and discovered this:

Bearings are stuck with dirt !!! ( How can this be called brand new ?) Effort to clean the bearings did not help. 2 bearings at the rear axle was obviously beyond help, 3 bearings at the front axle were bad !

I had to pay $13 for the steering trackrod which should be included in the kit, $40 + for the tires which should also be in the kit (brand new)
, now 5 bearings are not even usable ... what can i say ?

Regards,
Melvin

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 2:25 PM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: FW:

Hi Ivan,

I feel a little cheated from the purchase of your G2. When you advertised to sell your "BRAND NEW" G2, I chose to believe it was really brand new. Yesterday for the first time, i examined the car and found the axles not turning smoothly. So i took out all the bearings in the front and rear and discovered this:

Bearings are stuck with dirt !!! ( How can this be called brand new ?) Effort to clean the bearings did not help. 2 bearings at the rear axle was obviously beyond help, 3 bearings at the front axle were bad !

I had to pay $13 for the steering trackrod which should be included in the kit, $40 + for the tires which should also be in the kit (brand new)
, now 5 bearings are not even usable ... what can i say ?

Regards,
Melvin

Originally posted by Ivan
MELVIN,

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY "May not be in good condition as claimed"?!!!, You can ask anyone here who have traded or bought stuff from me, all my stuff are in great condition. If there's something wrong with it, I'll take it back or change it for something better!

Wasn't what I sold you in GREAT CONDITION? The chassis was scratchless! WHY ATTACK ME LIKE THIS!?

Everyone: Here's what happen with my deal with Melvin.

1. He wanted to get the Corally SP12G2, the chassis was scratchless and very new. The tires were chunky.

2. I showed him my other Corally SP12G3 which had scratches on the bottom, and offered him at that time a package price for both cars (SP12G3 and Sp12G2).

3. However, after he viewed the car, he decided to buy the SP12G2 instead. Although he mentioned that he may buy the SP12G3 car at a later date for the difference in price, no agreement was made.

4. After the deal, I found out that my servo cost me alot when I bought it. I decided to sell it at a higher price $250. I posted the ad on rctouring.

5. Melvin came back after a couple of days asking for the old price, but told him that the price had risen because of the servo.

Everyone: As long as the stuff is with me, I reserve the rights to sell it at any price I like. If he had taken the package deal of two cars earlier, he would have bought it at a much lower price. Melvin is just sore about everything.

As with all my deals, I do not force anyone and always allowed them to view it without any obligation.

Melvin: Stop these nonsense, and grow up!