R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2006, 06:48 PM
odpurple
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Team Kwik
Hi Guys,

I just posted this over in the Speedmerchant forum and wanted to share it here as well. I'm just a bit too excited about all this =)

I had a chance to run my Rev4.5 last night for the first time and I have to say, this is hands down the most amazing car on the market right now. Those of you who know me will agree that I am by no means an incredible wheel but last night I looked like a million bucks! I attached a few pictures of the car for you guys to check out and there's a bunch of little updates over the past year or so that really complement the kit. Bruce deserves a big pat on the back for taking an already proven winner and refining it to be an even better chassis.

First on my car is obviously the 4.5 conversion, the pod went together smoothly and the parts fit well. Overall it's the best innovation yet for the Rev.4. No more struggling to change motors and out of every 4-bolt pod design this one is by far the easiest to solder a motor into. Worth every penny!

Next is the rear tweak brace and large standoffs. I had purchased a kit some time ago and it included the standard tweak brace made of the same thickness carbon as the chassis. Bruce and company saw this part could exhibit flex and over time might be an area of concern. After talking to Bruce he mentioned the updated part which is made of a much thicker carbon so of course I jumped at the idea. Also on my car are the new large standoffs, talk about a SOLID rear end, the added size not only looks cool but it does lend extra support to this critical area of the chassis. If you've got an older car treat yourself with this setup, it's pretty cheap and worth it on the track.

Finally I got a bunch of the new tweak springs. Bruce wasn't kidding when he said these were more consistent and much higher in quality. From the moment you snap these on the retainer you can see the difference and they hang nearly perfect. Toss out the old painted springs and snag a few pairs of these as they are totally worth it.

Sorry for rambling on, but these tweaks all added up to some great runs for me last night at the local track. I went A LAP faster than my best after taking my time freshening the car up with a few new parts!

Nick
Damn! I didn't know about the new standoffs. And I just placed an order, too. Guess I'll have to add to it!
Thanks Nick