R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2002, 09:13 AM
IMPACTPLAYR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Foam tire/carpet set-up

I am in desperate need of a foam tire carpet set-up for my Mission. I can't seem to get the needed traction with my car!! I will be starting in the stock class, but switching to 19 turn when I feel I am ready. So far the only time my car has felt good was with foams on asphalt on a fast flowing track. So here are a few other Q's.......

Locked diff or one-way pulley, and will I need the steel driveshafts for either one?
I am thinking I need one because the car just doesn't wanna steer while accelerating hard out of the corners.

Roll center mod? I made my mod from an old broken chassis, so the front hingepins set 2mm higher than stock..... do I need more?? I took the mod out because I felt it enhanced my front end traction problems.......

I run the Aluminum hubs, so I use the in-line kingpin placement... should I go back to the plastic pieces so I can run the off-set position??

Rear toe?? common since would dictate that both rear toe links should be the same length, but if I set them up like that I get different amounts of rear toe per side ( by like 1 degree or more) I have checked all of teh ballstuds, hingepins, and links for straightness, and verified that all blocks are facing the proper directions.....

Things like Associated springs, different spacer shims aren't a problem.... cutting and drilling is what I am more hesitant about....LOL

Any help will be greatly appriciated, I just don't want to find myself jumping ship every indoor season....LOL