R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2006, 08:59 PM
rayhuang
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ottoman
I am new to 12th scale and I have a question... I had a set of Jaco rear tires on my car. I bought a differnt brand of rear tires and I noticed that on the Jaco rim the mounting flange is flush with the edge of the tire and the new set has the mounting flange set inside the tire .120. This will narrow the rear track width of the car by almost a 1/4 inch. How will this affect the handling of the car? Do you use track width as a major tuning option?

Track width is a major tuning aid in link cars so it should be in a t-plate car as well, but I really dont see it much. We (Rice, Chicky, etc.) always set the t-bar cars to max roar width and be done with it. Any L4, RugRat or T-fource cars Ive built for others that were fast were always roar width. The Rev3 I used to run were sometimes very narrow in the back with certain set-ups from a fast friend and I tried narrowing up the CRC 3.2r I now have. Sorry-cannot say Ive ever done it with the L4 or T-fource.

I would blab on and say that if you make a narrow car work really well, but the car sucks @$$ at another track or layout-that would be the first thing I would change. Sometimes with 12th scale-just like TC's, something crazy will work one time, but usually not be a part of your standard set-up.