R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2006, 07:14 PM
Crashby
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by smojoe
Alright guys, I have a few CRC t-fource questions (ripon speedway specific questions are in parentheses, so maybe OD, Crashby, or another local can answer)

1. Does it actually come with a graphite t-bar like shown in the picture? if not, whats the thickness? (what works best for ripon?)

2. What size front springs come in the front? (are these okay for ripon?)

3. Does it come with extra front caster blocks? are aluminum caster blocks a worthy upgrade for an outdoor noobie?

4. Does it come with a CRC durashock? (what wt. oil should I start with at ripon?)

I'm sure I'll come up with more questions later. Thanks!
1. Not sure about the graphite T bar. But it's a cheap part to replace. You should be using a T bar like the Associated .063 for Ripon.

2. Regardless of what springs come in the kit, I would start with .022 springs. Again, cheap and easy to get.

3. I comes with 0, 5 and 10 degree caster blocks and no, you don't need the aluminum blocks.

4. From the pictures on the website, it looks like it does not come with the new CRC shock which is too bad if it doesn’t as that is a very good shock. At some point you are going to want to replace it with the Dura shock or a Silva shock. For Ripon I would start off with 30wt oil in the shock and the olive spring.