R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Drift Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2006, 02:47 PM
bdrift
Tech Initiate

yeah, that is what i though about pe whe i heard about it a while back.
supposed to be softer almost rubbery.

are you serious? overhere, they sell them in 2 foot lengths for 4 bucks and 10ft for 5.99 it was on sale. otherwise it is around 8 bucks. but you gotta watch how "airy" the center is. the more airy the better.

i think the ebay guys are hurting rc drifting. if they at least machined them down to the good part and then sold them, then it would be great. but as they are new, and they tout them as "drift" tires, when people first put them on they will slip and slide and suck bad for at least a pack or 2. that will turn off people like the guy who responded on the tc4 thread that said the cars just slide and he doesn't like it.

b
Originally Posted by Aries326
I heard PE is hard to get. You usually find it used for irrigation purposes. I guess that's why the South Africa guys use it instead of ABS. I'm in the Northeast so we don't have problems with rain or water. The only thing I've been able to find around here are PVC pipes - no ABS. I've been forced to buy ABS off of eBay. Although, a nice guy from Hawaii on rcdori recently offered to send me some ABS at cost. Just pay for the ABS plus S&H.

You guys from Hawaii are so laid back and friendly. One of my best buddies is from Hawaii and that guy could party like you would not believe. Even when I was broke, he'd take me out drinking and hit up the girly bars in Manila. What a guy! Dude, so many memories... lol...

Anyway...

I noticed on my SSG that it doesn't "snap" back as quickly on transitions. It's kinda sluggish. What's the deal? Loosen the front diff or harden the springs in the back?

How do you guys like to approach tuning? More with the diffs or more with the suspension?

What's your take on the different diff options? Spool, front one-ways. etc...