R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hpi Pro 4
Thread: Hpi Pro 4
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2006, 11:51 PM
floodo1
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by junbantay
Pro4 hasn't lost its Glory between the Cyclone.... Belt or Shaft it doesnt matter, both have dissadvantages. its more of How you Drive to give yourself an advantage.... usually some would say Cyclone is better but just because its a New Kit and Belt Driven that it makes Shafts an obsolete thing. I still Drive a Pro4 and mind you I still kick Asssssss on the tracks... I dont Kick just "1" ass... but "Asses"...
its not just shaft vs belt.
the cyclone has lower CofG. look at how tall the bulkheads are on the pro4, also look at how high the shaft and finally the upper deck is. the uppdeck is up at old school 415 height.

furthermore cyclone has single center arm steering, for WAAAY different ackerman. (a setup that tamiya is modifying to work on their system (with the front belt at the center of the car, and not offset like cyclone))

the chassis difference can be seen in the setups, look at the low front "toe" blocks used on cyclone, and always the impression of "the cyclone turns so much".

its ALL in the chassis since they share the same suspensions.

but still, by virtue of using the same suspension the pro4 remains a good car, esp in lower powered classes.