R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - the Back Alley at FastCats outdoor open....
Old 05-11-2006, 07:44 AM
fastcats
Tech Regular

Default update

Sunday May 7th......

Wonderful Weather Once again.

We have new boards. Although not entirely complete they were very ready-for-use. Some paint and minor tweaks and they'll be set. I'll add some pictures later.

The racing was exciting and again very fast. ( see Todd's WOW topic ) I know I'll be saying that ALL summer long. This week's layout was more technical than the opening day track but just as flowing. As Brenno C. stated, "I love it, If you hit the line you can rip through but hitting it every time is not easy". Unfortunately he had some bad luck in the A-Main warm-up and didn't start. Ty Grant went on to win over Morgan Johns ( coming out of winter hibernation). We used the 10-minute qualifiers allowing the nitros, to maximize their track time.

Martin C. pulled an exciting Open-Modified win (running his rubber tire REEDY race practice setup) on the last lap, taking honours away from the ever-consistent Nick (Bawdy Shop) Imineo.

Johnnnnnny (Postman) P. posted a 12th scale modifed win and the fastest lap overall (including the Nitros).

As for the Minis...... Scott Smither showed us how to turn Tamiya MO4 Miata into a Tomahawk ROCKET as he spanked us all ( this author included).

Generally the outdoor driving was fast. All the racers that have converted from our indoor track have had the advantage of extra wide lanes and longer straights. Both have combined in allowing all the drivers to kick it up a notch.

I am hoping to add a faster more novice class as numbers permit. A sportsman class maybe....

Another word on the tracks layouts.. I will try posting this last weekend's design as a test, and if it works well I will post more in advance of each weekend's race.

Thanks for the turnout. It was another great weekend. Please keep coming back... And bring your Friends.
John