R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2002, 09:27 AM
OB42TC3

Originally posted by NTC3NUT
Anyone ever try wider rear tires, like we use on our nitro cars?
I have been running GRP 30 mm 37-42 shore rears all season with jaco plaids up front. I think the gas style rubber gives a better wear to traction ratio too. You have to run 37 (30 mm) in the back to match the plaid wear up front. The gas fronts I haven't tried since last year, but from what I could tell last year, 42s weren't giving enough steering. I am going to try 37 fronts 40 rears next practice day I get. I think the gas style fronts are a little inconsistent from the start to finish of a race, but I 'll give it another shot with the 37s. I also made a set of "plaids" by cutting a donut of the 40 'fronts' and transplanting onto a set of 42 rears. That resulted in a tire with noticeably less steering but not too much. It worked well enough that I think I am going to be making some more of these. On a side note I have noticed that with the GRPs the difference between 40 and 42 is less than the difference between 40 and 37(duh! but seriously you can really feel the difference where as you have to look at the sticker with the other)