R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 09:44 AM
rayhuang
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Heres what I know so far on the CRC 3.2r.

-Batteries forward easier to drive, less steering (opposite of t-bar car). I use front and middle, never back.

-Heavier center spring is more steering mid off. I switch betyween red and gold. I prefer gold right now.

-Heavier side springs is faster transition, but can feel edgy. Choose between red and white. I always have contended this has more to do with driving style than anythng else. NO preload on sid springs most of the time. If cars edgy, real edgy-a 1/4 turn of preload can settle the car down quite a bit. Remember to take it out again if tracks layout or conditions change.

-More pod droop for bumps, but if track is smooth-then no more than 1/2 -thickness of chassis for droop. Put a straight edge on main chassis and see where it hits the back of pod plate. It should intersect the middle.

-Softer front springs of course more steering (cut), but may dig or square up too hard. I stick with 0.020". I tried 0.018 (Way too much steering for me) and 0.022 (push through whole corner). NO preload and just a hair of droop seems to be the norm. Too much droop in front springs and car will wander on-power. For 0.018" springs only-an e-clip worth of preload.

-tube lubes-I stick with CRC hvy and extra hvy these days. More dampeing to slow transition or soften steering in fast sweepers.

-NO chassis rake.

-like everything else-imho-tire choice is always hyper ciritical on a link car. Experiment with black and purple fronts and white or grey rears.

-#1 make sure the front suspension moves up and down super smooth and free. Look for binding in upper arm, eyelets, e-clip, top or bottom ball, etc. and of course rear pod must move through its entire rane of motion without binding or slop.

HOpe this helps to start you in the right direction.