R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Jammin X1 - so close yet so far
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2006, 06:56 PM
SavageSYNTH25
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DRKWNG
Has anyone tried the M3 compound Crimefighers yet? I usually run M2's but one of the local pros said the M3's hook up better on a dry dusty track.

Does anyone have the new ackerman plate? Is there any difference from the old one except looks?

The M3's grip very well when the track is packed in, but there really only work good if there is a little moisture in the dirt. Once the track starts drying out bad and "grooving", the M3's roll over pretty bad. If you're running on a track like this with the M3's, I'd suggest running a 2.0-2.5 rear block to loosen the rear end up some. I've found that the M2's are dialed in most places- the M3 is kind of iffy on some tracks.

The new Ackermann plate is CNC'd (I believe) and a bit thicker, removing flex and keeping the ackermann straight. It also may have less bump steer, I don't know. I don't drive my car hard enough to bend the ackermann. One fix I have found is to run Kyosho rubber sealed (flangeless) bearings and a shim with a larger O.D. than the bearing instead of the stock flanged bearings. That way, if the ackermann does flex some, the flange doesn't break. Just a thought.