R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2002, 12:51 AM
johnbull
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

Another good day for the TC3 at the 5th round of the Nats here in Malta.

In the beginners stock T/C class and ex X Ray driver changed to a TC3 and won the class easily.

In stock T/C I won with my MR4, but only after a real ding dong with a very quick TC3. Luckily for me he hit a board and broke it.

In mod T/C son Josh won both finals again, getting into 16 laps each time with his TC3. This makes it 5 wins in 5 rounds. Second, third and fourth too were TC3s.

New since the last round was the cooling fan. Duration was still good despite the fan taking current too. However we had a bit of a laugh at the end of the second final. When I picked the car off the track and had a look to see how the fan was working ....... surprise, surprise - no fan rotor. Someone had hit Josh broadside in the first corner melee, and must have broken the rotor off, so in effect he must have done the whole race without a fan.

I can't say we noticed any difference in performance. In fact his first race time was 16 laps in 5 min. 8sec, and the second one was 16 laps - 5 min. 6 sec.

But all this has strenghtened my argument for putting the fan ahead of the motor, instead of on the side, something I hope to do when the new chassis arrive this week.

Christmas cup meeting next weekend. Should be fun!

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.