R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Murnan Modified Motors
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2006, 08:12 AM
rmdhawaii
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Grinder: Whew! Thanks for clearing that up. Because of a change in driving style, I just started running out of fuel, so this definitely confirms that I need to get off the P3.

Riketsu: Thanks once again! Too bad about the P7. Unfortunately, I need all the power I can get. This is what the track looks like http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...hmentid=107670. I need top end for the straightaway and bottom end for the inside turns. What do your needle settings look like for the P6?

The problem I'm having with the P6, is that when I try to lean it out from the factory defaults, it starts to rev out of control. It gets worse on the track. Maybe it's just the way I'm doing it. I should probably start with three turns open on the high and one turn open on the low - correct? I have to take it apart this weekend, so I'll see what the inside looks like. This is my first engine, so it's possible that I screwed it up during break in. This is also the first time I'm opening it up since I got it. Yes, I know! You don't have to tell me. I've only gone through 3/4 a gallon of fuel - so it might not be too bad. The rich running with the P3 is probably masking some underlying problem. Who knows? If it's really messed up, maybe I'll just buy one of Grinder's mods.