R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006, 05:39 AM
Skiddins
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jon Williams
Made a few minor changes to the car...

--Disclaimer-- lol...I'm a perfectionist, so the things I changed on the car are not necessary by any means.

1) Really like the Schuie body mounts and their adjustability, but wanted to cushion the body a little more. Used small body mount foams. I simply used some CA to attach them onto the shock tower and made pressure on the angled portion until they stuck.

2) Used heim style/XRAY joints on shock shafts instead of the ball cups. Spaced them out with a Schuie 2mm spacers on all four corners. The ball cups on the car are super good, but if you're like me you rebuild your shocks often and don't want to chew up the ball cups this provides an easy way to take them on and off.

3) If you're running a ROAR event and need to weigh 1525gms (I was nearly three oz under weight), weights: used brand-X lead weights at 3 corners and a modified lead weight near the servo for balance. Underneath the bumper mount and between the small screw posts (ala Teemu) I have a strip of 12 grams. (hard to see in pic lol)
How well balanced is the car from left to right with those weights?

I have all my lead on the side of the radio gear in various positions to try to help balance out the batteries a bit.

Skiddins