Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2006, 06:48 AM   #17904
theisgroup
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I have what I was told is a bone stock car. I am obviously starting out with a stock motor ( I am currently running tock and 19t in my rdx). I have a 64 p 100t spur and cant seem to get anything bigger than a 26t pinion on the motor due to not being able to move the motor any more forward. The local fast racer told me I should be running about a 30-32 t pinion for our track and that I would need to cut into the t-bar to get proper gear mesh. It does not appear that the small amo0unt of cutting I could do (the motor is actually hitting the nuts holding the t-bar ontot the rear pod) would make enough of a difference to get much more than a 28 t pinion on the motor. It seems that a better alternative would be to use a smaller spur and then recalculate my fdr to = 100/31 or so. How does this work? Should I secure the battery trays to the chassis in any manner? Any time I do anything with the batteries not in the car they seem to just fall out. I was thinking a bit of shoe goo in a couple spots would keep them in place and still be removeable when needed. Also how do you measure the front toe for a pan car? I am accustomed to using set up blocks for my sedan. Do you twelvies sauce the inside half of the front tires like us sedan guys? What ride height should I shoot for? I will stop asking for now. I need sleep and someone is about to reply usi9ng this emoticon
hey man,

run a 96 spur.
you can chop down the nut and the screw and the tbar. should be ab le to squeeze a 35 into the car.
the fdr of a 1/12 is 1:1 it is direct drive. so we use roll out. tire size is how we control speed.
this weekend J and I ran 31 with 46mm tire and tim ran 34 with 44mm I think
to set toe, Tim tells me to put pressure on the back of the wheel before we check it. just use one of those hudy sheet that most have on the pit board. and set about .5 to 1 degree toe in.
on Mike's track we do not change the battery location much in an L4, just shoe goo the things pointing toward the rear. you can always pull them off if you need to move them up for mod.
you may want to run a 100 spur if you want more top end, but then we usually run 2 screws to get the motor far enough forward.

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote