R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ta04r...
Thread: Ta04r...
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2001, 09:52 PM
imataquito
Tech Master

hi alvin ....
ok i have been away form forums for a bit now so its time i get back

ok about ur question on one ways ...
the dual one way setup is one of the best u can run on provided u can control the car cause it frees up the front and the rear during coners so that they WONT FIGHT with each other and causes ill handling situations and added to that is when the wheels do not fight with each other for speed u gain extra speed trough the coners ---- less drag
the bad side is although very minor causes big accidents ... it makes the car able to turn very sharply in to a turn at high speeds and it also makes the front end very twichy on strights since the frontal one way does away with the diff action during turns u can actually accelerate out of a turn after the apex ....... it will follow trough nomater what........ once u geta feel u will understand its kinda hard to explain ......
and its only posible with dual one ways...

with frontal one way ONLY without the centre one - i dont know if the it make it less effient since the front belt is being driven under braking / deceleration but without the centre one way the front end and rear end will fight for speed and that alone makes it slower and inefficent ... i ahve not tested this .. lol but i think it will be the same as the o1 handling wise

this is just my $0.002 worth on it ...i have not truly tested it with frontal one way only ... u can try to experiment on it ...:P
cause soo far i have only run either on dual one ways or centre one ways alone ... i think the important one is the centre one ways and compared to an o1 whoch is shaft driven the situation are slightly different IMHO... well its more like a single belt drive o3 or kx1 if u campare the system its using..... rather than a dual belt car ...
hehe like i said its just my $0.002 cents worth

and the centre one way alone
this frees up the front and the rear and still maintains the diff action during turns .... in thi setup u will not be able to drive lik the dual one ways cause there wiill be diff action during turns and it will not pull trough the turns at high speeds like the dual one ways setup ...
i dont know why but u just cant ....
well the good thing about the centre one way is that it makes the car more efficent since it disconects from the motor during deceleration - less drag and durng the turn the front end and rear will move at its own pace which will result in a ROUND TURN insteed of 'squaring' into turns ...
other that that it does not mae the car as TWICHY as the dual one way setup....