R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ofna Hyper8 stingray
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2006, 04:22 PM
Rocket42
Tech Regular

tabushi on parts quality the plastic seems stiffer than the jammin plastic, especially the a-arms and i believe the quality is easily as good as the jammin buggy. also some parts are cheaper then the jammin. for example it uses dog bones instead of center universals. the dog bones are alumn. so they are extremely lightweight but they are only $12 to replace as opposed to the jammin which are around $35. all the hinge points use inserrt so when slop starts to develop you can just replace the small plastic inserts. instead of say a new rear hub carrier. the stores are probably concerned with the price as it is $100 cheaper than the jammin buggy, but it was better designed, it was designed to be cheaply built but offer all the features the other buggies have.

etracer, i had the jammin pro buggy and i race in the expert class i did not have the big bore shocks on my jammin though but i had the new shock towers. now remember i have only raced the hyper 8 once and it was not with a pros setup it was a setup i came up with while rebuilding the kit. first off the car has a ton of tunining options you can change in the rear toe in from 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5 and anti squat from 1,2,3, by removing 2 screws and loosining 2 screws. you can adjust front kick up from 5,6,7,8, you can also change caster from 18, 20, 22, easily and best of all. all the parts to make these changes are included right in the box. honestly i would rate my first experience as good i didn't get a chance to test to many testing variables, the car was not twitchy but it does have a ton of steering compared to the jammin buggy. my only complaint was compared to the jammin it is not as stable and because of the steering it is easy to push the car too hard, if you can keep this car smooth on the track you will be extremely fast. now the jammin buggy is known for its stability so it is really comparing opposites. i have made some adjustments to the car to help stability and i will have to adjust my driving style but i will not go back to my jammin buggy. hope this helps, if you have any other questions just let me know.