R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2006, 02:34 PM
CypressMidWest
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tempest2000
I don't know I think guys that run spring cars like to blow stuff out of proportion LOL

Both cars are fast. and both cars win races.

From a maintenance stand point...

A t-bar can be changed in a few minutes its not really that hard unless you are just plain lazy. If you own a touring car I don't want to hear anything about it being a pain to tape in batteries or t-bars are a pain to change out LOL.

As for the front end... they have come a long way from when the dynamic front end first came out. All the parts even the stock parts from associated are perfect fits now. I haven't seen a problem since the new reactive blocks came along. with the straight upper pin.

I will say that I think t-bar cars are easier for the beginner. If you don't set up a spring car right it will be a handful.

$.02
A t-bar car is no more forgiving to improper set-up than a link car, a car with dubro style adjustable links will survive hits that will break Silva spring steel t-plates with no noticeable change, and an individual with a jacked up link car, would have just as many issues with a t-bar car. The new front-end is alot better than the original strut front-end, but it's still a half ounce heavier, and way more susceptible to change in a shunt than an Old school front-end. At the tracks I run at, you know, in the midwest where you have a way higher concentration of 12th scale guys, you'll see a ton of beginners trying to figure out why their cars tweak fine on the bench, but suck on the track, change t-bars and voila, problem solved. I've been doing this for twenty years, and I've run a bunch of T-bar cars. The advent of the link car is the best thing that's ever happened to 12th scale. Nevermind the fact that Stock at Snowbirds, Cleveland, and the IIC were all won with Link cars, as well as mod 1,2,3 at Cleveland. And the fact that Dayger qualified 2nd in Mod at the Birds with a link car in Mod, the first time he's run Mod at a big race.
They work just as well if not better, are more adjustable, and survive hist better. Done both, went with what works......