R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Drift Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2006, 05:30 PM
anthony390
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MartinSorlie
I never claimed you didn't, but there is many who listen to weird voices in their heads and think they know things that are far off too

I never claimed you all did.

And I never underestimate young drivers, as I am only 20 myself. Only thing is you barely read what I wrote, 'cause you argue on things I never wrote

That was a footnote of what we did in Norway. I never mentioned you did I?

Every beginner has to start somewhere, and I'm glad to help anyone in my area. But also many beginners are sadly taught wrong about what they should and should not have to get where they want to go.

I was talking about the Norwegian drift scene, but to your info, we've got a lot in common. This is my brother, also a drifter: Fredrik, my brother in his Toyota

The reason why I mean that is the way, is because I believe in that knowing how to go fast will make it easier to start going both fast and sideways.

Where on earth did you read I hate drifting? I have been racing gokarts since I was 7 years old, my brother was a racing driver living in britain for a while, and I also started racing r/c cars with one goal - winning. Still, when drifting came along, without laptimes and such, we took it too our hearts straightaway. My brother became a hardcore drifter, and I a hardcore enthusiast and mechanic 'til I got my own car. Since I was a little boy, going sideways was the ultimate display of skills.

That is also why I went out on slicks tires in the rain, just to prove a point, going sideways and learning full control over the limit is extremely important, both in drifting and racing.

ok sorry but maybe you also got the wrong feeling while you were reading my post...i was just clarifing what you said and simply just standing up to who you call "wannabes" because the only two racers i know is the pros and the ones who look up to them