R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Drift Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2006, 04:57 PM
MartinSorlie
Tech Regular

DUDE I WOULD MAKE SURE WHAT YOU SAY...i know and practicly 95 percent of drifters know drifting in r.c. is plane out simple and set-up counts also but not that much as if it were to be grip racing
I never claimed you didn't, but there is many who listen to weird voices in their heads and think they know things that are far off too

also how do you know that we ALL drift with pvc or abs...
I never claimed you all did.

and i know im young but youll be surprised of what i know compared to other kids my age(16 years old)...
And I never underestimate young drivers, as I am only 20 myself. Only thing is you barely read what I wrote, 'cause you argue on things I never wrote

ive also been drifting since 1998...now you say how would i know to drift with taped tires...
That was a footnote of what we did in Norway. I never mentioned you did I?

my brother who is now 26 showed me how...so now 8 YEARS later ive been driving drag, grip, rally, drift!!! so im really sure im not in that wannabe area but i also do care about those "wannabe" people who drift because EVERY SINGLE PERSON starts out somwhere and you cant get made at them for simply trying...
Every beginner has to start somewhere, and I'm glad to help anyone in my area. But also many beginners are sadly taught wrong about what they should and should not have to get where they want to go.

aslo i read you saying that the drift scene is guite larger now (1:1) and i also know alot of knowledge in that area because of my dad(machanic) and my bro (technician)...im, even drifting with a 240SX RIGHT NOW with a KAAZ LSD and tien coilovers as well as a SR20DET droped in it!!!... my bro who is also a drifter i would say even says i can keep up with him while drifting in 1:1 cars
I was talking about the Norwegian drift scene, but to your info, we've got a lot in common. This is my brother, also a drifter: Fredrik, my brother in his Toyota

and your rule "First learn grip driving, then learn drift. First learn fast, then learn wide."

i did all of those and past that but in a different order...i learned wide( not sure what you mean but i think it mean like all different styles and techniqes) then grip/drag, rally/offroad, drift...i still continue to use all those types of driving becuase no matter what it is ALL FUN
The reason why I mean that is the way, is because I believe in that knowing how to go fast will make it easier to start going both fast and sideways.

and if you call your self a REAL racer...why would you have such hate with drifting because it is also a type of racing
Where on earth did you read I hate drifting? I have been racing gokarts since I was 7 years old, my brother was a racing driver living in britain for a while, and I also started racing r/c cars with one goal - winning. Still, when drifting came along, without laptimes and such, we took it too our hearts straightaway. My brother became a hardcore drifter, and I a hardcore enthusiast and mechanic 'til I got my own car. Since I was a little boy, going sideways was the ultimate display of skills.

That is also why I went out on slicks tires in the rain, just to prove a point, going sideways and learning full control over the limit is extremely important, both in drifting and racing.