R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hpi Pro 4
Thread: Hpi Pro 4
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2006, 08:21 PM
MikeR
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thegreatimpulse
The track that I race on is very small and with several tight turns. Is it just me or Pro 4 has a lot of slops in the steering and suspension? I really didn't expect this from a HPI Pro car. It almost makes me wanted to try out a X-ray car.
You don't by chance run at Socal do you?
If you look at Thad Garners Socal setup then you should know Socal is very small/ tight and ballistic. On tracks like this you need lots of turn in or you'll get punted right out of the line. Running here really benefits from running a one-way..... soooo.... if you can get used to the one way and have a good setup for it (asphalt right?) then you'll be money.

Your car doesn't look that bad. You obviously just need that little bit of edge. Giving the rear just a tad more droop like Greg mentioned, adding a little anti squat, raising the front inner camber link, removing big side flaps on the rear wing, trying a different body, going down to 2.5deg rear toe or lighter front oil/spring can all do the trick. Check to make sure also the front of your chassis isn't bottoming. That can definitely cuase push off power since you're at 3.5mm

I'm running the 2mm chassis by the way and loving it