R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi XXX-S
Thread: Losi XXX-S
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2002, 02:50 PM
Cain
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Hey Guys.

Did some racing today we had about 20 people there for the 2 classes we run so all in all good racing. The new graphite kit really made the car feel great. I just have some setup issues I need help with.

I currently run on carpet and here is my settings:

1) plaids up front and purples in the rear
2) o degree block in the rear
3) 0 degree kickup up front
4) 4 degree castor blocks up front
5) shocks mounted farthest hole from chassis center front and rear
6) front camber link 3rd hole from center
7) rear camber link 3rd hole from center
8) 80 weight oil up front, ,silver springs
9) 30 weight oil in the rear, black springs
10) droop and ride height about 4mm (need the new bumper)
11) hpi Alpha Romeo Body

Ok, I know the springs and weights are weird, this was done to correct some issues when starting out and haven't had the chance to tear the car down as far the shocks. I run a softer front since the Romeo doesn't give much steering . Please recommend a good all around setup and a body to go with.

Right now I like it when the car has alittle drift in the rear since before the rear was grabbing too hard and it would flip or fight the steering and not transition properly.

All in all I like how the car feels but I want to run a setup closer to something considered normal. Also, the Romeo body isn't giving me as much steering as I would like.

Finally, at my track we run 19 Turn modified spec motors but it seems some guys motors just out pull you . We don't have strict rules on spring and brush combinations, what combinations will give me more raw torque from the motor than the stock Chameleon setting? I however want to keep using the trinity touring brushes.

Thanks.