R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2006, 06:00 AM
LeadFoot
Tech Adept

Default Steering Cranks

The steering cranks have been a long time pet peeve of mine on the Mi2.

If you search way back in the threads almost 1 year ago you will see there were past discussions with people arguing "its a problem" and others saying "no its not" with the "no its not" crowd seeming to take offense at others who were having a problem.

MattW first gave me the suggestion and was one of the first to come on to verify there was a problem and offer a solution. I have his epoxy solution as well as my own.

I have about 10 spares but have not required any since coming up with a similar solution as Kevin K except I used some spare graphite from an old off road car.

While you can say drive and stay off the walls, breaks can happen in a crash as well. I have seen two Mi2s in a local 19T race taken out by one car crashing into both of them going a around a turn too hot.

The steering cranks are a problem and I am glad that others who do have a problem have found a solution but also upset that Schumacher still has not done anything to address the issue.

Before the flames start, I have owned an Axis, Axis 2, Mi2 and hopefully by the end of the year an EC but that does not mean I can't have some Constructive criticism