R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2006, 12:47 PM
Kevin K
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Steering lever mod

Hey guys....here is something that I came up with for making the steering levers stronger. I know that a few guys have broken these locally and RC-Old man I think posted pics of what he was doing. I did this once I first got the car and I broke mine on the 3rd pack and it hasnt had a hint of failure now.

All you need is a T-bar from Assocaited....the thin or a thick T-bar will work. You need to open the hole of the T-bar so the bottom of the steering lever will sit inside of it. Once you have the hole large enough so the bottom of the steering lever will sit in the T-bar, you need to trace around the steering lever on the T-bar so you know where to cut. I just used a dremel tool to make all the cuts and to grind away all the unwanted part of the T-bar. You will end up with a copy of the steering lever as seen in the pictures. I just glued it to the bottom of the steering lever and used some filler to gusset the sides to make it a little stronger and hold better. Its easy to follow by looking at the pictures if you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tbar.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	119284   Click image for larger version

Name:	tbar2.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	119285   Click image for larger version

Name:	tbar3.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	112.3 KB