R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi XXX-S
Thread: Losi XXX-S
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2002, 08:06 PM
futureal
R/C Tech Founder

Originally posted by Dave Kurschner
Spend $70 on a full titanium screw kit, its a better investment of time and money.
That's it, I'm buying a full titanium screw kit!

I have driven my Losi with pretty much the same carpet set up for the past year, without many changes, just a few subtle ones here and there. I really only run on two tracks (local one and Trackside in Milwaukee) and both are very similar. I have the car set up well and it's fast.

Tonight I was trying to find something to do to it, so I started trying to clean up some of the suspension slop. I found that there is a ton of play coming from the servo horn/saver assembly.

Is there any way of getting around this? I have some old purple aluminum servo arms I used to use to dress up cars, that fit tight and with very little slop. But I am wary running the servo without the saver; I run high torque servos, though, so it might not be the biggest of problems. What would you guys do?

And while we're on the topic, any more ideas for cleaning up suspension slop in the Losi car? I've found that my Losi has a lot more slop in it than some of my other cars (Yokomo, etc.).