R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2006, 01:10 PM
AM03GT
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Michael Barch
Auctually Im from Warren, but I just put Sterling Heights (Where I Drive, Race my Tc4).

Yes I was running at Larrys (Carpet). I used Jaco Foams, not sure on how much they were trued down, what everyone else was running really. I also used Prima foams, and some others I was not sure what kind.

I asked how I should apply the traction action, they said FULL rear, Half front. Which I did, still was no luck. The tires I were using were clean all around, and I let the tire traction sit for a good 10-15 minutes after applying (what I heard your supposed to do).

I was racing Stock Class, just got out of Rookie. I don't think that matters on how my car was running though.
obviously i know nothing about you except what you've posted... and you have just posted that you just got out of rookie class... if the rear is sliding a lot i'm going to take a risky assumption and say that you're probably letting off the throttle too much and/or too abruptly. The setups from the pro's are always very good or else they would not be posted,... however what the pro's use to make a car fast is not always easy for anybody to pick up and run with. pro drivers have very keen throttle and steering control which bring out the good characteritics of a setup... in the case of stock most good setups will require you to be very smooth steering while using only the top 10% of the throttle for most of the track, hardly ever lifting...

of course if i've made a wrong assumption then i apologize and i guess keep the information coming that will allow the knowledge in this forum to assist you.