R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2006, 12:48 PM
koabich
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Michael Barch
Okay, I just about had it with my TC4. Last Friday it was sliding all over the place on the track, I tired tons of different foams, I tried the FT Chassis and the Team Chassis, no luck, I tried 3 setups from RC10.com (for the different chassis) and STILL was sliding all over, the ride height, droop, etc.. was all set correctly. The back end would just slide out, Im really sick of this thing right now.

Im giving it one more chance this weekend. While I was trying to race it I broke a steering rack, so I got to pick a few of those up this weekend. No big deal. Right now everything is on the Team Chassis, Im going to build the car back onto the FT Chassis and HOPEFULLY it will run good, how should I set this thing up so it don't slide? Why was it slding? Yes I used Traction Action, Half front inside, full rear.

Any ideas are appreciated!

Mike.
If your from Sterling Heights, I assume you've been running at Larry's. Unless he put the new carpet down, you shouldn't be having any problems with the car. I recommend using Barry Bakers carpet setup as listed on the Assoicated website. I found this was an excellent starting place for the car at Larry's. If you use this setup exactly, you will have a really strong car at Larry's. Also use Jaco foams (I use purple/orage and purple). The FT chassis is the way to go!

Other than that, another factor could be you are not using the tire sauce correctly. Personally, I think the sauce they allow there is terrible and very difficult to use. Ask some of the fast people how they use it.