R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2002, 06:07 PM
BigDogRacing
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

King G, here's the best I can answer your questions:

Originally posted by King-G
I was wondering what would be the closest in the schumacher vari piston setting to the losi pistons you ran.?..(3 hole)?
I'm not sure Gav. The only thing I can tell you is PW suggested I try Losi 59's but I could only get 60's. Then I got to thinking about "back in the day" and decided to try an old off road trick. I left one hole a 60 (.0390") and drilled two of them to 56 (.0456"). It seemed to work quite well. The car transitioned sooo smooth. Keep in mind I'm no Teemu- I can't make chicken salad out of chicken poop.

also I noted you ran associated springs...are they long enough?...I remember them being pretty short when I had a tc3.
Oh yea, they work very well. Just flip the adjusting nut over and use a black spring seat from the unthreaded shocks. It even looks cool.

Forward wheelbase at the front...I have tried this a long time ago..curious to hear what you felt it did to the cars handling.
Well actually I can't say it's ALL the way forward Gav. When I did the roll center mod, I used AE .030" white shock shims instead of the black Schuie spacers on the lower arm hinge pin. I put 3 in front of the arm and 4 behind it. This gives you a mcuh finer castor control and I believe it's a better setup. You can actually go 2/5 on the spacers if you want.

and the upper bulkhead positions...WE have found this to take grip away, is this a contributing factor to the good corner speed you had?..
I have not found this to reduce traction. In fact, lowering the roll moment allows you to run a relatively lighter spring/shock combo therefore increasing traction. And yes, I think was definately a contributor to my corner speed. I needed a little more time to adjust the balance toward the steering slightly, but otherwise it was sweet. Proudwinner and Mike F can tell you that in mod, my car was wicked fast. I turned a 14.0 lap. The next closest lap time to me was my nitro car that turned a 15.1 and that was on a 130'x50' track!! Our nitro cars were in second gear well before we were braking for the sweeper. In mod, my car had so much high speed steering that I never lifted in the sweeper and I could have turned tighter and piped the car if I had wanted to!

I noted you ran inline positions on the hubs both front and rear...did you run standard bulkheads or fusions?
Nobody has sent me any Fusion bulkheads Gav. I guess I'm on the "bobo racer" list. However, I did run the inline positions because PW told me to. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Hope this helped.

BTW G, I'm curious to see how this setup will work with the Warpspeed chassis. Also, I meant to try the carpet upper deck just for S&G's.

Last edited by BigDogRacing; 11-20-2002 at 10:43 AM.