R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Magic G4
Thread: Team Magic G4
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2006, 11:59 AM
Motorman2
Tech Adept

Just looking at the picture I can see your rear arms are uneven. Are you using blocks and a measurement gauge when you set the downstops? only .010 to .020 thousanths off at the hubs will make a big difference. I do see your shocktower is tilted but the shocks and tower should make no difference if the car is adjusted for droop properly with a set blocks. If your using that balancing pin and a ruler to try and set the droop even right to left it will be off. you need blocks. (it looks like the tower is not seated into the rear bulkhead) But regardless the shocks and tower should not be causing the problem you are having.

Set the car up in this order
set width
install tires fresh cut to 61 mm and set front ride height 4.5 front and 5.0 rear
remove tires
place car on block set
disconnect front and rear sway bar
set front droop 0 (measured at the knuckle under the ball pivot)
set rear droop 4
set front camber 1.5
set rear camber 3
set front toe 1 mm out per side
set rear toe 2 mm in per side
re install tires
reset ride height examine springs and try to balance them on the shocks and verify 4.5 and 5 mm ride height again
now lift car from front and tweek rear springs so tires lift off even.
lift car from rear and tweek front springs so tires lift off even.
re engage sway bars and work the adjusters until they float free and there is no right or left preload on them while the car is sitting. carefully tighten them up as so to not preload them when tou tighten them
re check car to see if it is tweeked. If it became tweeked after you installed the bars you need to adjust them again.

If you have to lift the arm to install the shock then the droop screws are not adjusted right. The shocks should not function as the droop stops. If they are then the droop screws are down around 1.The more I look at your picture it looks like the shock tower mount is not totally seated against the bulkhead. Make sure it settled into the notch in the bulkhead properly. Make sure the bearing adjuster screw is not holding it up (the one that goes in the shocktower bracket to tension the rear diff bearing)

Last edited by Motorman2; 01-30-2006 at 12:18 PM.