R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW XRAY T2
Thread: NEW XRAY T2
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2006, 09:59 AM
cvt01
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I tried my T2 on foams yesterday (I tested it before only on rubber). First of all it was set up for rubber so I had to change it. It took 30 minutes. When I did the same on Fk05 it took 3 hours... Only this validates the change of cars for me.

After I made all the changes I just dropped the car and run a battery as a practice before the race. Maaaaaaan the car was on rails. i've never had the same feeling with my 05 on foams. It was always good but nowhere close to the feeleng of the new car. Tons of steering very easy to drive. I ended up in the last spot of the A-main which is not usual for me for whatever reason .

I had only one problem: the pin in the left rear CVD has came out twice. Second time it happened just before the start of the main - with some help I was able to fix it and run in the main but it is really annoying. I used threadlock when I built the car and the set screw was not loose but the pin slipped out somehow damaging the rear hub (it can be used but looks ugly).

According to the instruction manual the set screw should not be overtighten. I assume it is because of possible binding. I used threadlock on it and tightened it pretty much (checked but no binding) and still had the problem. I don't know what would happen if I didn't tighten it...

I may have made an error when the accident happened at first: I did not remove the old dried threadlock stuff from the threads but just reapplied some more stuff. Do you think that this laziness could cause the second accident?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Last edited by cvt01; 01-30-2006 at 10:09 AM.