R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2006, 08:14 AM
AM03GT
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scottw
Good afternoon guys,

I jsut got a new Factory Team TC4. I have it put together and now I want to know what are some good hop-ups for this beautiful car?

I am going to race stock for now with it on carpet. I run stadium trucks, but spend the entire day at the track, so I might as well get my moneys worth.

Thanks in advance,
scott
the car you have is already stocked with most all the options you need. the list of add-ons is small...

depending on your racing surface you can get a one-way or a spool front differential. (you mention carpet so you probably won't need these)

definitely look into the VCS2 shock upgrade kit #31123 (makes tuning and building shocks much easier)

if you don't like battery tape, as i don't you can get the #31126 battery strap kit. you can add the #1787 battery strap thumbscrew set also whcih in my experience provides a more secure strap fit.

the car comes with 4* caster blocks... 0, 2, & 6 degree blocks are availabe for tuning.

the car comes with the x-2.5 rear toe-in block. ae makes a x-2.0 and x-3.0 rear block for tuning...

other than the VCS2 shock upgrade kit and maybe the battery strap, there isnt anything you must have. hit the track, drive and tune before you decide if you need some of the other tuning options.