R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Drift Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2006, 03:03 PM
AngryAsian
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

BL is fine for drifting.
I used to have the novak ss5800 (around 12t) in my pro4 and it kick-ed ass. Your drift buddies will be envious. You'll get just as much angle as thenm, but still be able to rip ahead...

Have to say, now i've upgraded to a GTB 5.5R it's a little too much. Heck, even the 5800 was overkill for drift. If you're running on ABS, then a tamiya 23t TZ motor is fine. Great combo.

Low turn motors have too much of a powerband and don't like to run at lower revs. No use in letting it sit there and heat=up.

As for timing. Timing increases your motor RPM's at the expense of heat, torque and commutator wear. Turn the can AWAY from the direction of rotation increases timing (Ie. increase rpm, but decrease torque). the opposite results in more torque and less RPM...

BUT!!!!!!! timing must be adjusted very accurately(add timing in small amounts, depending on your motor each timing mark may be around 12 degrees. So half a mark at a time or less)
and in small amounts. NEVER run retarded timing or you're motor will die. Running too much and it'll go up in smoke, kill your brushes and ruin your comm..

If you don't know.. leave it alone and you'll be fine.