R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Drift Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 08:31 AM
anthony390
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Joel Lagace
I'm not really intrested in drifting but im looking for info.

We have a indoor carpet track and there has been alot of drift intrest outside of our club. Probably 10 guys that hit the parking lots and other areas..

I would like to invite them to our indoor track to help our club grow as well as give them an oportunity to grow there drifting group. We have a huge indoor track thats available to them 7 days a week.

The question is what tires should we recomend they get to drift on carpet? And what initial setup changes should they make to there cars? Suggestions for motors?

PVC and ABS tires are not an option as they can damage the carpet if they hit boards and nik the edge of the abs/pvc tire. Also the club concensus is the track will only allow foam or rubber tires. YOKOMO rubber with rings is allowed since the sidewalls are rubber. and its thought they would be save on carpet

Really looking for input from guys that actually drift on carpet. Not suggestions as i already have a suggestions as to what might work but i really am looking for what will work. THANKS
i dont drift carpet but i have before and i would drift either the yokomo drift tires or taped rubber tires and set the chambers to only 1 degree or 0 degree for either the front or rear as for toes all 0 or as close you can get them to