R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Veteran TAMIYA TA03 fans!
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2002, 03:48 PM
ShadowAu
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default TA03F Setups

Hey

I just finished converting MY TA03R-TRF to an F (David Jun specs basically)... just for something to do and to see if I can get any different handling from it... I don't really like the way the R version handles

what I need is ideas on setups... I have a medium grip asphalt track thats pretty smooth except for one or 2 BIG bumps...

at the moment I have 80W oil with 2 hole pistons all round, blue springs all round, no sway bars to try and get the grip level up (and most of the fast guys at My track are not using sway bars and I never had them on My TC3)... front oneway pully thing... running ellegi foams (42 fronts and 40 rears)... using the rear battery location... running either 12x3 or 11x1 modified motors but soon to be using 15x2 control class

Basically I want more steering going INTO cornors without making it twitchy or too loose, which was the problem with the TA03R... I have pretty much every Tamiya Hop-Up available to try including the TA02 front hub carriers (which were a David Jun mod I beleive)... I don't want to muck around with tire compounds much because I switch between rubber and foam tires regularly, depending on the class I'm racing and at which track and I have found that 42F and 40R let ME have basically the same setup for both

thanks