R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 06:12 AM
Scottrik
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Just got back from a 2-day race in Mandan, ND where they bought the carpet that had been used at this years Cleveland race. It was my first race on the new Ozite. I used the Niftech compound--saucing early and rubbing it into the rear tires, inside half of the fronts and letting it soak-in on its own. In one early round it seemed to get a little loose at the rear at about 6-7 minutes but other than that the traction seemed good. I bought the Niftech compound when I was picking up some other parts from them and Ray told me about their stuff. He said the idea behind their product is it isn't supposed to get "sticky" so it doesn't get a lot of "pick-up" on the tires. Other than the odd little bits of this and that on the tires when I pull it from the track the tires really were cleaner than I'd seen with the TQ, Trinity, or Paragon that I'd used before. The tires also felt (and looked) much like they did when I put the car on the track. It also didn't seem overly affected by other compounds on the track and I saw people using just about everything.

fwiw, it's not like I was out circulating at the back--I qualified 4th in the 'A' out of 23 drivers. The guys there put on a GREAT event, especially for a small club. There were racers from ND, SD, MN, MT, and Canada. About 1100 miles round trip for us. I've just moved from Seattle to Billings, MT--told my buddy that 6 degrees below just wasn't cold enough for me now, I had to go to Minot where I could experience double-digit below PLUS a 40-knot wind...

Scottrik
brrrrrrrrr