R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hpi Pro 4
Thread: Hpi Pro 4
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 09:16 PM
iblumberg
Tech Adept

I'm still getting used to my recently acquired Hara Edition. So far, I really like it. For me, it drives far better than either the Team TC4 or the Losi JRXS that I tried previously.

As for torque steer, the Team TC4 definitely has it. It causes the car to veer left (if I recall correctly, but could be right) under hard acceleration when it would otherwise go straight if running slower or not accelerating. The Pro 4 does not seem to suffer from this problem. Several magazine reviews have even commented on how surprising it is to have a shaft car that accelerates like a rocket, but does not torque steer.

This was really brought home to me today. For fun I put an 8x1 mod motor in my Pro 4. It was blowing away 1/12 pan cars with 9x2 mod motors down every straight. It was scary fast. However, even under full throttle, quick acceleration, it tracked straight. With a Team TC4, you'd be gathering up pieces from the boards if you tried this trick.

As for the dog bones, I tried the MIP Shiny bones for a TC3. They are steel. I bent them in the first 2 hours of use. Then I switched to the new, thick TC4 alu bones. So far, so good.

Ira

Last edited by iblumberg; 12-18-2005 at 09:47 PM.