R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hpi Pro 4
Thread: Hpi Pro 4
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 10:02 PM
floodo1
Tech Regular

composite cvd bones are the only way to roll in the rear. lightest of all and excellent durability. i've been running them for quite some time back there and they are almost as good as new.

tc4 dobones will work. axles will not as they are different diamater.
tc4 hd dogbones are the best solution, imo, for pro4 front dogbones for normal use. easily sourced, and last VERY well. only prob is they are blue

TiR from what i hear are the most durable. also they have 2 sets of holes in the bell part of the dogbone so you can use them even longer (tc4 have only 1 set of holes). furthermore TiR parts are very light, and you get titanium axles with modified thread to hold your nut on better. performance wise these are the best for the front. in the rear im not sure if composite bones + steel axles are lighter than TiR setup. only problem is that TiR cvd's use their own size joint so you have to use their replacements (rebuild kit and axles and bones).

also an advantage of running tc4 or composite dogbones is that IRS sells them with pincushions.

so its up to you, if you have the extra money to get TiR cvd's (and can deal with ordering TiR replacement parts) then buy them for sure. if money or sourcing is hard for you then go tc4 (front) or composite (rear).

finally running anything other than the bones mentioned above is basically asking for bendage (with the possible exception of square titanium bones, since i havent really heard anything about those). tc3 aluminum, tc3 steel, hpi aluminum, all will bend quickly in the front.