R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2002, 08:20 AM
markg
Tech Regular

Lonestar...good to hear from you, and that things are going well. Wish I could help you with setup info, but dont have any from Axis days. As I recall the base setup from the manual was pretty close...I think it was red springs, mounted in the middle of the upper shock mounts, about 60 wt oil. There may be a setup sheet on the Schumacher web site..www.racing-cars.com.

I hope you have better luck getting the TC3 to perform than all the guys did here. All the good drivers tried em (Ron, John, Bobby Lee, David J.) and none could get the lap times they did with the Missions . As far as Maint goes, I had to do a lot less on mine than any of the TC3 drivers did...they broke more frequently, and maint of the steering was more of a hassle. I'm not bashing the TC3..its proven itself in the hands of accomplished drivers...but From what I experienced, the Mission was more durable, more tunable, and better driving for a wider range of pilot experience...(yes, I still suck, but the car makes me look good...)

The diffs feel bad, but it doesnt seem to affect performance...the anal retentive guys love the smooth feeling diffs, but I never saw that it made any difference in lap times as long as they were not too tight/loose.

And before I get hammered by you AE guys out there, these are simply my opinions, nothing more.....

Anyway, whatever you do, have a great time doing it, and drop a line every now and then...