R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 06:53 PM
crimson eagle
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by picco007
The droop I am talking about is really the length of the center shock. If the shock is long then you will have droop if it is shorter then the amount of droop is less.

If you pick up your car from the front end and look to see if your rear pod is lower. You would have to hold the car let's say with your left hand looking at the car from it's side at eye level. Look at the rear pod to see if it droops lower than your main chassis. That is what the droop is.

More droop in my case gives me less on power steering. An almost level rear pod in relation to the main chassis will give you more on power steering.

Let me know if how it works or if there is the other things that I mentioned earlier that may cause your loose car.
Picco,

Interesting info there, this weekend I found myself adjusting the center shock spring tension for a couple of races until I realised one of the ball sockets was unscrewing. i must admit I did not pay much attension to the change in handling, I'll have to pay attention to that.

Chris.